Feb 23rd Timber Ridge Ski Area
31 Glebe Mountain Road - Windham, VT
Each troop will need to bring the following supplies;
- Klondike derby sled – for the Dogsled race competition.
- A separate sled constructed of only cardboard, duct tape and rope that will fit 4 to 6 scouts (must be built before arriving) – will be used for the Bobsled competition.
- A traditional plastic sled – for the downhill race and general fun.
- 1 pair of snowshoes (1pair/patrol, or more if you wish) – will be used for the biathlon competition.
- Materials for building fires – will be used for the fire-starting competition.
- Skis (Scouts that have reached the rank of first class will have an opportunity to ski if they bring their own equipment.
- Groups are responsible for providing your own lunch (time for cooking/prep will be provided – see schedule).
- Scout Spirit
Please register and prepay before the event. No payments will be accepted at the event. (Registration form is available at http://www.scoutingvermont.org/ethan-allen-district-activities.html
Schedule of Events
8:00-9:00: Arrival and Group check in. Please check in at the welcome tent. Unit numbers, # of participants, and payments must be confirmed at arrival.
9:00: Welcome & Opening ceremony. Explanation of events, locations, and requirements.
9:30-12:30: Open Event areas. Open skiing.
12:30-1:30: First 8 events close. Lunch stoppage. Troops prepare their own lunches.
1:30-2:00: OA elections. Groups planning on holding elections please notify at check in.
2:00 – 3:00: Dogsled Race
3:00: Closing ceremony and awards
3:30: Groups depart