Fall Program Kickoff
You are personally invited to attend a fun-filled, informative and festive district-wide kickoff to the fall program year of Scouting!
Dates, Location and Time – August 18 – Mendon Fish and Game Club – 1:00 PM - ???
17 Chittenden Road, Chittenden, VT
Food and Supplies: District leadership will be cooking hot dogs and hamburgers.
Everyone else is asked to bring a dish to pass and $5.00 per person to cover the cost of the meat, buns, condiments, and drink.
Prizes and Patches: Every person attending will receive a special patch that will be issued only for those who attend. There will be no sales after the event. In addition there will be a grand prize drawing for two $100 camperships; one for Mt Norris and one for Camp Sunrise. Winner may use the campership as he or she see fit.
- Family Scouting update, specifically preparation on welcoming girls to Packs
- Preparation for Girl troops and the official introduction of Scouts BSA
- YPT2 update and promotion
- Guide to Safe Scouting and adult leadership requirements
- Council Calendar distribution and review
- New Lion program changes
- My.Scouting update and reminders
- Plus information and registration forms for:
- CS Pow Wow promotion
- Haunted Harvest promotion and highlights
- Fall Popcorn sale
- Scout Salute to Veterans Parade
Fall Recruitment Campaign Rollout for Cub Scout Packs
- Membership recruitment sign up and distribution of support materials – Yard signs, fliers, posters, “how to” and best methods packets and more!
- New Member Coordinator – what is it, who is he/she, and how do we him/her?
- Fall and winter activity plans and promotion
- Roundtable promotion with monthly themes