Recharter is ...
The annual membership renewal of a unit's youth and adult leaders
Steps to Renew Your Unit for 2023 - DUE December 15
* Minimum unit leader requirements are an institution head, a chartered organization representative, a committee chair, two committee members (or one committee member and one new member coordinator or Pack trainer for Packs), and a unit leader. All of these positions must be filled by individuals who are at least 21 years old. Packs are also required to have at least one den leader who may be a den leader for any of the Cub Scout ranks. The COR is the only person who can serve in more than one position in the same unit.
** When selecting ACH payment, your Processor will receive an email from WePay within 1 hour of Submitting. Keep this email to use later. Within 1-3 days, two micro deposits will be made to your bank account. Enter those deposit amounts into the WePay email to confirm your bank account.
*** Key 3 unit leaders may designate another unit leader as a Key 3 Delegate at my.scouting. Select your unit, Organization Manager, then Position Manager, open the Functional Roles tab, select that position and add a member from the drop-down menu of current leaders. Similarly, the COR may assign any current leader to be a COR Delegate. Allow up to 72 hours for this to take effect.
Unit Recharter Processor: Getting Started
After Submitting Unit Renewal
- Review your unit's 2022 Journey to Excellence and submit the scorecard (available below) to Council. The JTE standards are designed to encourage and reward the success of units. They represent a vision of good Scouting, and have been written as activities the unit will do during the year. Completing the scorecard at year-end will reveal those areas that need improvement, and can be an excellent tool when developing the unit's annual program plan. Turning your scorecard in to Council, regardless of the total score, provides needed data on unit health.
Order Bronze, Silver, or Gold JTE recognition patches from the GMC ScoutShop as early as possible to avoid inventory shortages. Your unit may decide to award these to leaders, youth, or both.
- Remind your Order of the Arrow members that their 2023 membership fees are due.
- This year, obtaining signed Chartered Organization Agreements has been assigned to Council Staff.
Council Commissioner – Leslie Sanborn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Calvin Coolidge – Jeremy Schrauf, email@example.com
Ethan Allen – Simon Drew, firstname.lastname@example.org
Long Trail – Vicky Whitehill, email@example.com
Three Rivers – Brian Garland, firstname.lastname@example.org
What Happens Next?
- After your unit's membership is Submitted through Internet Recharter and payment is complete (by December 15), your roster enters a queue for review and posting.
- If you renew with less than 5 youth, or with exactly the same number of members as last year, your recharter cannot move forward without Scout Executive approval. He may request more information, including a unit growth plan, from your leadership.
- Your unit expires December 31. Although there is a 60-day grace period to recharter before the unit and its members are removed from National rosters and Scoutbook, an expired unit cannot record advancements, add new members, or participate in Scouting activities. RENEW EARLY!