Opening the Spigot at Mt. Norris / Council-Wide Summit Recap
THE BIG NEWS from the Council Summit is that camping is back at Mt. Norris Scout Reservation! It's a small turn of the spigot, but it's a beginning that safely puts Troops in our camp (sorry, no Packs at this time). Campsite rentals are available for units (limit 25 individuals per site) and for families (one family per site). Details are in the restart document.
Cub Camping on Council properties is presently limited to single-family camping at Mt. Norris, but guidance is being continually monitored and we remain hopeful that Pack options will become available.
In compliance with Vermont's re-opening guidance, all participants at all gatherings should complete a health survey. A GMC Pre-Event Screening Checklist has been developed for your use that should be collected by unit and/or activity leaders. The dual purpose of this form is to gather the information needed in the event that contact tracing should be necessary.
Other News from the Summit
- National Summertime Pack Award Revisions to accommodate COVID conditions.
- Fall popcorn sale preview: see video #9 and download this flyer with dates.
- Coming soon: Green Mountain Council COVID-19 patch! To collect, or to reward Scouts who are Scouting through COVID.
- Day Camp in a Box is ready to ship to any Cub-age youth.
- When parents are directed to BeAScout.org to find a local unit, be sure the correct information is there about yours. Here's how to Update Your Unit Pin.
- Watch for the GMC Unit Growth 10-Day Challenge: 20 minutes a day to grow your unit in your community. See video #12.
- Clint Buxton's Trek, explained after the fun skit in video #10 at 9:07. Watch for developing opportunities to support Clint.
View the 2020 Green Mountain Council Summit
Thought you missed it? Think again! Watch these in numeric order, and you'll experience most of the afternoon.